Friday, November 25, 2011

Water patterns

Last Sunday I went to the beach. I had an idea that I wanted to make something from the materials I found there. But when I got there I found that what interested me most was the running water making its way back to the ocean. I started to film it. Soon I found I was zooming right in, abstracting the movement of the water. It appeared at first to be chaotic; but under close observation, after a short while the water appeared to be moving in repetitive patterns. I was mesmerized by the screen. It was like watching chaos theory in motion. They're pretty beautiful in their own right too. Can't wait to project them in a space and see what it's like.

Anyway, I was looking at the installations from last summer on the Body and Soul website and found this video:

No comments:

Post a Comment